With the approach of 2019, the digital marketing landscape that encompasses social media, SEO, content marketing, and PPC is geared up for a complete revolution. The continuous advent of new trends and technologies in digital advertising has made staying ahead of the curve the need of the hour. Businesses now need to use cutting-edge strategies that are emerging in the current high-tech era to exploit the full potential of digital marketing.
Here are seven key digital marketing trends you need to know about in 2019:
- AI-powered solutions: In the coming year, AI-powered solutions will be used in multiple enterprises including government and consumer markets across the globe. AI-powered solutions involve an exceptional blend of technologies such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Predictive Analysis. AI-based technology makes use of chatbots and instant messaging to chat with their customers and site-visitors. In fact, chatbots will continue to be a significant part of digital marketing in 2019.
- Videos: In the coming year, video marketing is expected to be the leader of digitisation. In fact, videos are predicted to be the highlight of any marketing venture; these will carry the message while simultaneously providing entertainment to the viewers. Ever since the increased popularity of smartphones and social media apps, video has become the golden child of communication. It’s a well-acknowledged fact that short videos make communication of any message easier enjoyable, and more efficient.
- Influencer marketing: This focuses on using the image and popularity of leaders to drive a brand’s message to a larger audience. Instead of marketing directly to target audience, the business pays influencers to drive their sales. The term ‘influencer’ refers to anyone with sufficient reach and credibility. They can spread the word about your business through their popular and well-established social channels and thus help in promoting your brand.
- Content: In 2018, marketers realised the importance of content in the online realm. In 2019, businesses will put further faith on quality content instead of focusing on advertisements. According to market analysis, the more informative, engaging, and relevant your content is, the better the chances of getting noticed and gaining online popularity. However, visual content is expected to gain more popularity than regular blogs and articles.
- Voice search: The year 2019 will witness the growing use of voice search and smart speakers. In fact, the increasing popularity of voice search has made companies rethink their digital marketing strategies. Voice search has started to play an integral role in offering all the relevant information that people look for.
- Personalisation: If you want your business to stand out, personalisation should ideally be your key focus. With the widespread availability of data such as consumer behaviour, purchase history, and links, customising content has turned out to be easier. In fact, most consumers believe that personalisation helps in building lasting customer relationships. Brands such as Amazon and Netflix are already leveraging the power of personalisation. By analysing consumer behaviour and search patterns, businesses can easily understand how customers locate and purchase various products.
- Programmatic advertising: In 2019, programmatic advertising will encompass online ads, voice, TV, and streaming modules. By using programmatic advertising, businesses will utilise technology and data to make real-time decisions regarding what they wish to deliver to their target customers. Currently, brands make use of demand side platform (DSP) to buy impressions, while publishers use the supply side platform (SSP) to sell ad space. These two platforms are then matched up in real time. Programmatic advertising refers to the concept of buying ad space automatically using data. This helps decide which ads to buy and how much to pay for them, often in real time.
The best thing about technology is that it is constantly evolving. This opens up new horizons in many fields including digital marketing. Looking ahead at the future of digital marketing trends, emerging technological advancements are not only expected to make marketing initiatives easier, but rewarding as well.